Tuesday, April 3, 2007

ACRL vs EDUCASE

I had the absolute pleasure of going to EDUCAUSE in October. It was super high-tech, high-energy, high-volume, you name it, they had it. However, it felt good to get back to my roots at ACRL National this weekend.

The big difference between the two as I see is it; ACRL is warm and EDUCAUSE is cold. For example, before a session begins at ACRL neighbors are talking to each other and asking what institution they are from. At EDUCAUSE people wanted to be near a plug for their laptop or have more space around them for their technical gadgets.

I have a pile of info from ACRL (lots from the Poster Sessions) that I need to wade through, but yesterday I taught four classes, had a morning meeting, an afternoon research consultation and had to jet off to my grad school class at nigh. Today was a meeting with the Dean of Graduate studies, an online workshop about Chickerings 7 principles and then an afternoon of catching up with email and tracking down difference offices on campus to start some outreach programs.

No comments: