Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tuesday Blahs

So today, I had to read my lecture info and complete assignments for a mini online session that our Southeast Online office offers. It prepares faculty to teach online (on my list of future projects) but I also wanted to see if it addresses linking to library resources.

Met with a collegue and classroom faculty to brainstorm how to sequence info lit classes in the department of communication and how to add multimedia elements for courses taught at our satellite centers and then how we can use the Course Management System on campus to create activities with automatic feedback.

Did the last of three session for an online workshop of Chickering's 7 Principles for Good Practice in Undergraduate Education over lunch. Showed some student assistants how online conferencing works in the process.

Tried to find a student on facebook and myspace that wants to do a library gaming night. He wasn't there! (I'm surprised :O!)

Talked with department head about new brain teaser games we will have on the main floor and talked about different items that need to be adjusted and programs affected by our new 4th Floor Quiet Zone.

Tried to figure out how to best weed a section of reference with my partner. What rules will we use to a section that is mostly dictionaries? Do all foreign language dictionaries belong in reference? Had another collegue run a list for us to help us when we meet this afternoon to do the weeding. We'll meet right after the library wide meeting.

Printed out conference summary letter so I can get my funds, need to turn in expense report.

Followed up with another collegue about NSSE and senior student exit surveys.
Somewhere in there I am going to adjust my microphone levels to create a camtasia clip for an online tutorial thingy I do with business law students.

No comments: